- Chassis No.
- The most sought-after series of post-war Mercedes-Benz
- Restored in Germany with disc brakes and fitted luggage
- Handsome colour scheme
- Perfect for historic events, grand touring and concours d'elegance
Industrialist Avard Fuller of the Fuller Brush Co. in Kansas, USA received his new 300SL roadster, the 158th built, finished in blue/grey with red leather trim, in September 1957. Later it passed to a Mr Macconnell of New Jersey, Robert Bailey of Paterson and Roger Le May of Wisconsin in 1980, before returning to Germany where it was restored in the late 1990s for Samuel Godelewicz of Straubing. HK Engineering carried out mechanical work including fitting disc brakes and a replacement engine block, whilst a set of fitted luggage was also added. Further work was completed by M-B agent Klostergut in Germany in 2004, at a cost of €59,000. The coachwork is resplendent in silver with black leather upholstery and matching soft top. Interesting details include a Becker Mexico radio and fishtail exhaust trim.
From the collection of an enthusiastic royal connoisseur, this Swiss registered 300SL awaits another equally discerning owner. If required, it has been granted 5% clearance for importation into the EU via Great Britain.