- Chassis No.
- Ex-Giro di Sicilia and other major races
- Offered for sale for only second time since new
- Matching numbers
- Eligible for the Mille Miglia, Ferrari/ Maserati Challenge...
The A6 GCS was Maserati’s first all-new post-war sports-racing car and enjoyed considerable success with both works entrants and gentlemen drivers in Italy and beyond, its principal rival being the 166 model from Modenese upstart Ferrari. Chassis ‘2006’ was acquired new by Sicilian Baron Nicola Musumeci who received his Maserati in May 1948. Highlights of his ownership included 4th in the 1949 Giro di Sicilia, 5th in the ’50 edition and 4th in the Gran Premio di Napoli that same year, run to Formula 2 rules. The Baron kept ‘2006’ until 1972 when it was acquired by well-known collector Giulio Dubbini of Padova, in whose collection it remained thereafter. Apart from repainting by Fantuzzi in the early 1970s and concurrent replacement of some bodywork, the car is very much as bought from its first owner.